Racing is Finished

Final time is 28 hours and 8 minutes (unofficial time)

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Introducing Nicole Jackson



Nicole Jackson is a sprint triathlete running legs 5, 17, and 29 for the team. She is 37 years old, married to her best friend and husband, Jax for 12 years and has 4 children ages 4 - 10.

Nicole's hobbies include singing and writing. She feels blessed to be part of the worship and praise team at Hillcrest Bible Church. She loves to write about the ways God works in her life, which she calls her "I Spy God" moments. Nicole says, "God allows me to see Him working in every aspect of my life, whether it be big or small…and it has been such a gift."

4 1/2 years ago, Nicole weighed 230 pounds and was miserable. She says, "I needed to make a change, so I started walking which turned into running which turned into me quickly figuring out that I am NOT a runner. However, it did help me lose 60 pounds and has provided many God-sightings ever since… so I can’t diss it too much."

Nicole at 230lbs ... before she started walking, running, and doing tris. Way to go!

In 2008, she fell in love.. with women's sprint triathlons. She isn't that fond of the run saying, "Granted, with the run last, there isn’t a whole lot to look forward to after the swim and the bike…but I get through it, and am always thankful when it’s OVER!!"

When asked if she would do the MC200 by both Jeff and Michelle, she laughed.

Hard.

But she didn't say no. As she puts it, "But y’know, I would like to attempt a ½ marathon before I die so I thought this might be an interesting run to do first. I just cannot imagine running for several hours straight…and with the MC200, I can get the distance covered with at least SOME rest in between! Yesssss!"

Her goal for the MC2o0 is to not irritate her fellow CBD teammates with her slower pace (Don't worry, we won't be irritated) and not end up on a stretcher. She's confident God will be working overtime during the relay. Nicole says, "I KNOW I’m going to be praying HARD the whole time…but I look forward (apprehensively) to seeing those 'I Spy God' moments unfold!"

No comments:

Post a Comment