Racing is Finished

Final time is 28 hours and 8 minutes (unofficial time)

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Introducing Tammy Wheeler


Tammy will be running legs 7, 19, and 31 for Cheaper by the Dozen.

Tammy is a 40 something Domestic Engineer who proudly calls Iowa home. She was recruited for the team by her friend Michelle. She has a Business Education/Coaching Endorsement but is not currently working full-time in this area because she has 5 kids ranging in ages from 5 - 16 years old and that is her full-time job. But she still finds time to do some substitute teaching in her school district and is the Nursery Director at her church. She cites her faith in God and her family as the most important things in her life. Tammy says, "I thank God daily for my wonderful husband (who by the way is hanging with the kids while I'm doing this run...thanks Honey), my 5 healthy children, and the opportunity I get daily to serve Him!"

Tammy's hobbies include running (a good hobby for a person running this race!), spending time with family and friends, church/Bible Studies, and doing anything outside.

Tammy has raced several 5k and 8k races and one half marathon. After honing her speed in the shorter distances, she's planning her world marathon debut for October 2010.

She's running the MC200 because she thought, "Why not, just another thing I can check off my list of things to do in my 40's". Her goal for most races is to just finish, but for the MC200 she is aiming to finish each of her runs without feeling like she could have done better. Tammy hopes for a picture perfect day for the race, or at least the legs she's running, because she's calls herself a "fair weather" runner.

1 comment:

  1. I am still up TAMMY, if you can run six or seven miles I guess I can stay up to read about your run and pray for you while you are running.

    JERRY AND I are encouraged by your ambition and devotion.............keep it up.

    ReplyDelete